At Christ Presbyterian Church (CPC), we believe that laying the foundation for a Christ-centered life is a vital part of our ministry. We seek to provide an environment of love, safety and spiritual nurture for every child. Our nursery serves children ages six months through two years old. We have increased our health and security measures in the face of the pandemic. Our COVID health and safety measures are below.
Nursery Opens 2:45 PM
Pick Up Time 4:00 PM
Nursery Closes 4:15 PM
To ensure the health and safety of our children, staff, and volunteers, we have adopted these safety precautions:
1. We will have a limit of SIX babies in the nursery; there will always be TWO adults. Nursery admittance will be first come, first serve. If the need for nursery grows to exceed six babies, we will pursue opening a second nursery room with the same baby/adult ratio.
2. All adults will wear masks.
3. To limit foot traffic, only one parent from each family may walk down the children's hallway to drop off or pick up a child.
4. Staff will wash baby's hands upon entry and throughout the hour at the sink in the room.
5. No snacks will be provided. Water bottles brought from home will be kept on a counter to prevent children from sharing drinks.
6. Staff will monitor which toys children are playing with and will collect "used" toys in a bucket for disinfecting. Staff will discourage sharing by regularly taking up toys that a baby has finished with and replacing them with new toys from the shelf.
7. Diapers will be changed on disposable liners by gloved and masked staff.
8. Nursing mothers will be directed to a separate non-staffed nursing/play room. This room will also be available for mothers who would like to remain with their playing children.
You can help us restrict the spread of germs by:
1. Keeping your child home if they show any signs of illness (see Sick Policy below).
2. Bringing a water bottle for your child that is clearly labeled with your child's name.
3. Not bringing in your child's personal toys from home.
To help prevent the spread of illness to other children, Workers, and Volunteers, please do not bring your child to the Nursery if they have any of the following:
- A fever in the past two weeks
- Colored nasal discharge
- A persistent cough or difficulty breathing
- Any evidence of pinkeye in the past 24 hours
- Vomiting or diarrhea in the past 24 hours
- Any contagious medical condition
The CPC Nursery uses the KidCheck check-in software to keep our little ones safe. Check out this introduction video below to learn more about KidCheck. All volunteers and parents will need to create an account.
One of the perks of KidCheck is that parents are able to check children in via an app on their phones. Follow this link to download the app and create your account.
Not interested in using the app? No problem! Follow this link to create an account through the KidCheck website.
All staff and volunteers have been through a background check and have agreed to these Child Protection Guidelines.