As a Presbyterian Church, we value our rich heritage which stems from the Protestant Reformation of the 1500s. The basic tenets of the Protestant Reformation were as follows: Christ followers are saved by God's Grace alone (Sola Gratia), in Christ alone (Solus Christus), through Faith alone (Sola Fide), to the Glory of God alone (Soli Deo Gloria), according to the ultimate authority, God's Word alone (Sola Scriptura).
Statement of Faith
- We believe the Bible is the written word of God, inspired by the Holy Spirit and without error in the original manuscripts.
- The Bible is the revelation of God's truth and is infallible and authoritative in all matters of faith and practice.
- We believe in one God, who exists eternally in three Persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- We believe that Jesus Christ is the eternal Son of God, who through His perfect life and sacrificial death atoned for the sins of all who will trust in Him, alone, for salvation.
- We believe that Jesus will return, bodily and visibly, to judge all mankind and to receive His people to Himself.
- We believe that all aspects of our lives are to be lived to the glory of God under the Lordship of Jesus Christ.
The Presbyterian Church in America (PCA)
We are affiliated with the Presbyterian Church in America (PCA), a relatively new (around 1973) and more conservative Presbyterian denomination.
The PCA is known for the following features:
- Focusing on the Gospel of Jesus Christ as the only pathway to life change.
- Biblically sound teaching that is faithful to the inerrant Word of God.
- Its commitment to local and international missions.
Our denominational affiliation not only provides resources and networking opportunities worldwide, it also provides accountability that extends beyond our particular church.